Saturday, January 26, 2013

Reality...

It is only the end of January and already I have broken my New Year's Resolution to blog every week. That's the thing about New Year's Resolutions... You make them around the end of December when you are still riding the holidays wave, and you forget how busy you are the rest of the year. To be fair I have been really busy and not much in the way of new and exciting has been happening. Law school is in full swing. I'm not sure if it is because I am now used to the workload, or because the subjects are easier, or the professors are nicer, or whatever, but this semester feels a lot less stressful than the last one. Don't get me wrong. I am still CRAZY busy, but I don't feel panickey all the time, and sometimes I think maybe... just maybe... I might survive this and make it out of here with a JD. This semester I am also applying for jobs for over the summer. I need some legal experience and some money would be nice too. It's a little bit scary learning how to interview, and network, and write resumes and cover letters, and just the idea that I may actually have a job where I don't have to walk around wearing other people's food is blowing my mind. I feel like the little girl in the car commercial who's dad is warning her to be safe on the road, but really she is a grownup. I love that commercial! Anyways, I have a few interviews lined up so fingers crossed that I make a good impression. I promise to update this thing when something new and exciting comes along. Until then I'll just be taking it day by day.

I totally feel like her!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that school is starting to get a bit better. It's always hard being new and making those adjustments, isn't it? It sounds like you found the right program and it's all just happening the way it is meant to!!!

    ReplyDelete