Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Days of Thankfulness #s 5 & 6

 So I missed yesterday. I'm sure that all (none) of you who read my blog were so disappointed, but this blog is supposed to be about law school and yesterday my K Drafting course took priority. This term I am taking four classes plus a writing course, not to mention commuting two hours a day to get to and from school. I leave the house when it's dark and I get home when it's dark. My alarm clock rings Monday through Thursday at 5:30am and I'll be honest, that part sucks, but this is what I dreamed about. This opportunity. I am so fortunate to live in a country where education is a right. I am so lucky to be able to have gone to college and I am so blessed that I was able to get into law school and at the school of my dreams no less. When I began the process of applying to law school I really had no idea what I wanted to do, or where I wanted to go. All I knew is that I hoped that I would get in somewhere and that I would have gone anywhere that accepted me. I applied to ten schools, got rejected from six, waitlisted for two, and accepted by two. After I was notified by Willamette that I was waitlisted I immediately contacted the school and asked what I had to do to turn their maybe into a yes. They suggested that I come down for a visit and to speak with their admissions director and I am so glad I did. I knew from the minute I set foot on campus that I wanted to go there and after speaking with some of the faculty I was sure of it. I went from wanting to go anywhere to wanting to go there. I came home and told Travis that it would be a dream come true if I got accepted to Willamette Law and three weeks later I did! Today (yesterday) this is what I am thankful for. I wasn't the applicant with the highest GPA or the best LSAT score, but they took a chance on me. I may not have known going in that Willamette was the school of my dreams, but I lucked out because there is now nowhere else I would rather be. I am thankful for the opportunity Willamette gave me. 

As for today, I am thankful to my friend Jennifer for helping me to redesign this blog (and by helping me I mean that she did it all). She is such a genius at this sort of thing and I am amazed by her talents. She is going to be one hell of a graphic artist one day. She is already one hell of a mom and actress. She and I have been friends for what seems like forever now. Once again, I'm sure that I did not make the best first impression when we met, but she was kind enough to give me another chance and here we are today. She has her own blog at http://cozycadences.wordpress.com where she writes about everything from being a fabulous mother to a fabulous little boy, to the amazing food she cooks (super power right here), crafts she makes, art she creates, theater she does, school, fitness, healthy eating, holidays, etc. Basically, she makes me feel inadequate as a human being (in a good way). I am thankful for her. I am thankful that our paths crossed and that we have managed to stay friends for all these years. Check out my blog y'all! Doesn't it look great?!  Thanks Jennifer!

Looking forward to a few days of sleeping in. 

- Carleigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment